EACH PC MUST MAKE 2 VIDEO CONNECTIONS TO KVM FOR DUAL MONITORS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Switch must receive video signal on both HDMI inputs per PC for dual monitor output. Approved adapter list.
- Audio transmitted via HDMI connection. HDMI or DisplayPort monitor required for audio.
- Hotkeys are triggered via a keyboard plugged into the dedicated mouse or keyboard ports.
- Emulation programming is locked and cannot be removed from mouse & keyboard ports.
- Dedicated mouse & keyboard ports should not be used for other types of USB devices.
- Use a powered USB hub to expand the number of USB2.0 ports.
- If the wireless mouse/keyboard is “jumpy”, use a USB extender to reduce distance from the receiver.
- Please install two AAA batteries before use (battery not included).
Dedicated mouse & keyboard ports have emulation programming. Second generation chipsets have “Passthrough Mode” to send special characters such as multimedia keys (play, pause, volume up/down, etc), which greatly improves keyboard compatibility.
Keyboard software such as Logitech Options, DAS Q, Corsair iCUE, etc conflicts with the emulation programming and limits the ability to use dedicated macro keys. We recommend using the KVM’s USB2.0 port as a workaround if this software is desired. The USB2.0 port does not have emulation programming and therefore the KVM will not recognize hotkey switching commands. Please use a powered USB hub to expand USB connectivity, if needed.